Honda 1975 Honda CB500T DOHC won't hold charge.

Honda 1975 Honda CB500T DOHC won't hold charge.

BrandonMurphy826
So i'm new to this forum and am seeking help/advise with my bike. I have a 1975 CB500t. it wouldn't idle when i got it so i rebuilt the carbs and it idles perfectly. I've even rode it around my street a good few times. Where the problem comes in is when you shut it off and then try to start it again.
It will randomly not start (turns over extremely slow as if the battery is dead). sometimes this happens if i stall out the bike. other times i'll park, go inside for water, come back out to ride it around again and it won't start(turning over extremely slow.) i have looked under the seat at the starter and no wires are exposed. Also i just bought a new maintence free battery for the bike. If anyone can just point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. I have an original service manual to reference but there's a lot of things to check. so i'm trying to get more opinions before i go checking everything.

Re: Honda 1975 Honda CB500T DOHC won't hold charge.

TOOLS1
Administrator
I would start with cleaning all the battery cable connections. Then I would check the charging system. After that would be the starter, especially if this is only happening after the engine gets hot.
TOOLS
Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
We all got problems. Ksharp
"That is awesome shit there" Re-Run