I bought me a Harley

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I bought me a Harley

Cabreco
Well I have a new addition to the pen, a 1990 Electra Glide Classic.
Happen to come across it on Craigslist not far from my new home.
It has 47K miles and the engine & trans were rebuilt 1,800 miles ago.
The PO has back issues & now rides a trike and "didn't need 2 Harleys"
The best thing is I got it for $5k.

FIONA
1981 CB750K


Andy
Tennessee
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I bought me a Harley

TOOLS1
Administrator
"It has 47K miles and the engine & trans were rebuilt 1,800 miles ago." That one must have been made on a Wednesday to have gone that far, or was that the second rebuild?
Congrats.
TOOLS
Life is not about the number of breaths, you take, but the moments that take your breath away.
I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill
Never confuse education for intelligence.
Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
I just can't imagine what could go wrong.
No fire? No explosions? So whats the point of your story?
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato
It couldn't be done, but the darn fool didn't know it, and did it anyway.
We all got problems. Ksharp
I like vintage bikes because they take me away from the clutter of technology that I work with everyday and back to a simpler time of mechanical elegance and simplicity.. "ninadm"
Darkwing Duck: The worst part of public transportation is the Public.
"That is awesome shit there" Re-Run
"Fear nothing, attack everything" Eric Berry
" Oh, you read that on the internet? Clearly it IS a massive problem. Of course it CAN’t be normal operation."

1976 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-A X 4
1977 CB 750-K
1976 CB 750 F
1981 CB 750
1966 Kawasaki SG 250
1981 KZ 750 LTD
1973 CB 350
1979 CM 185 Twinstar
1982 Honda XL 80
South of Eden (Kansas City MO)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I bought me a Harley

Re-run
Administrator
In reply to this post by Cabreco
Gratz on the find! While HD isn't for me, too much chrome and weight, I hope it gives you years of memories. That is the point of a bike after all!
The ride IS the adventure. The destination is just to get gas!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I bought me a Harley

Truck
In reply to this post by TOOLS1
now Tools be nice. It's a proven fact that 95% of Harley's ever made are still on the road...... The other 5% actually managed to make it home.......
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I bought me a Harley

TOOLS1
Administrator
Every one I had was a great riding bike, in the back of a truck.
However I do have to be thankful for all my Harley's. If it had not been for them, I would not be the mechanic I am now.
TOOLS
Life is not about the number of breaths, you take, but the moments that take your breath away.
I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill
Never confuse education for intelligence.
Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
I just can't imagine what could go wrong.
No fire? No explosions? So whats the point of your story?
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato
It couldn't be done, but the darn fool didn't know it, and did it anyway.
We all got problems. Ksharp
I like vintage bikes because they take me away from the clutter of technology that I work with everyday and back to a simpler time of mechanical elegance and simplicity.. "ninadm"
Darkwing Duck: The worst part of public transportation is the Public.
"That is awesome shit there" Re-Run
"Fear nothing, attack everything" Eric Berry
" Oh, you read that on the internet? Clearly it IS a massive problem. Of course it CAN’t be normal operation."

1976 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-A X 4
1977 CB 750-K
1976 CB 750 F
1981 CB 750
1966 Kawasaki SG 250
1981 KZ 750 LTD
1973 CB 350
1979 CM 185 Twinstar
1982 Honda XL 80
South of Eden (Kansas City MO)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I bought me a Harley

shultz_1978
 You guys crack me up. lol be safe out there no matter what you ride or push.
Simple if some one else can, why can't I
Jamie